Highlights of the 12/6-12/8/13 Disney Trip
- I lived my dream of touching Prince Eric at the Art of Animation hotel
- We saw Frozen (it was my second time) and everyone loved it and I cried during In Summer and we all got Olaf pins which are super adorable
- We exchanged presents and gildedbadger got me a Disney art book where an entire section of it is dedicated to the art of Beauty and the Beast and then she also got me a Beauty and the Beast blanket which is so warm and comfy that I didn’t use the hotel blankets the first night. Musicsea101 made me some really awesome art that I’m gonna hang up once I start cleaning today; Katie got me a pillow with Anna and Elsa on it and my first reaction was, “I get to put my face on Elsa’s face.” She also got me a Belle piggy bank where the slot is on her butt and also an Ariel mug because I love mugs.
- Oh yeah I got musicsea101 a Thomas Kinkade art calendar; gildedbadger the key to the library from Once Upon A Time, and then we split presents for Katie: a poster of Joss Whedon and a quote of his about writing and it’s signed and then a Firefly sticker for her car or computer.
- Saturday we went to Hollywood studios bright and early and they were pretty much out of fastpasses for Toy Story Midway Mania by the time we got there so we did other things. Katie, musicsea101 and I did Tower of Terror twice, then we waited about six minutes for Rockin’ Roller Coaster because of events, then we all did Star Tours and had lunch at the Brown Derby which was amazing. We saw The Little Mermaid show and realized how actually terrible it is and gildedbadger REALLY didn’t like the girl that played Ariel.
- I forgot to mention that earlier in the day I GOT GLOW WITH THE SHOW EARS MY LIFE IS COMPLETE
- So then we went to the Magic of Animation and saw the Mushu movie thing and looked at a lot of Frozen concept art and there’s this one picture of Anna sitting on a stool while Elsa plays with her hair and I almost cried.
- So then we did this thing were you go in and get taught how to draw a character and first the guy is like “Has anyone seen Frozen?” and the four of us shot our hands up and he’s like “Good. If you haven’t, go see it. We’re gonna draw Elsa.” and I made a bunch of weird noises any time he gave a bit of Disney/Frozen history because he talked about Idina Menzel/Wicked and John Lasseter and Walt’s fascination with Hans Christen Andersen’s work and I could have died in that room and been happy.
- Except that my Elsa interpretation looked like a piece of Picasso art. Musicsea101 and gildedbadger did MUCH better jobs. Katie drew a stick figure.
- We met some of the Disney animators that work at the studio after we got to see their offices which was super doubly awesome! Best part: they were all women~
- We saw the Indiana Jones show and it was my first time and I’m not really an Indy fan but it was pretty cool. There was a lot of talking and it wasn’t what I expected, but I appreciate the film-set feel and the guy in the way back that shouted “I AM STANDING!”
- We saw the Osborne Family lights and my ears synced to the music and there was bubble-snow and it was nice
- I TOOK GILDEDBADGER TO SEE FANTASMIC AND SO LIFE IS GOOD.
- Also I took my ears off during Fantasmic to watch the synchronization happen and it was awesome~
- Yesterday we went to the Magic Kingdom and after musicsea101 went to get her Wizard card things we saw Mary in her Jolly Holiday dress and I almost lost my shit. I just started making noises and waved a lot and she smiled and the woman that played her was practically perfect in every way.
- Gildedbadger and Musicsea101 took me to Enchanted Tales with Belle First thing and in the queue we talked to this five year old named Claire and she was super adorable and knew all the Princesses and told us which ones she’s met so far, and then she got into the room with the mirror just before us. I got put behind the yellow line for the first time that day.
- When the CM knocked on the door I stopped breathing. I started losing my mind then and I got to play a plate from Be Our Guest and tiny Beast marched behind musicsea101 and I and he was adorable. Then the CM told Belle that it was my 20 birthday and I just stopped thinking and she complimented my shirt (the Hot Topic shirt with Belle on the right half and Beast on the left) and all I could say was, “I love my shirt too.” We took some pictures and life was good.
- We went to Princess Fairytale Hall and met Rapunzel, who was adorable and complimented the braid that musicsea had done in my hair. Then we met Snow White who gave a message to my mom (she’s my mom’s favorite princess; also the girl that played her SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE HER perfect casting is perfect)
- We met Peter Pan and Wendy and Peter called me a pirate because of my nose ring I’M SO TAKING THIS FUCKER OUT. I told him I’m a princess. Wendy had some sense to believe me.
- The three of us didn’t leave Fantasyland until about 4:00 in the afternoon.
- We went to Gaston’s tavern and saw the end of an engagement which was adorable because it was also the women’s birthday and they were in my favorite part of the park.
- I got Lefou’s Brew because no Disney trip is complete without it anymore, and as we were sitting I shot up and walked to the other side of the courtyard because Gaston was out.
- He mentioned foot rubs a lot and I just agreed and when I was done, Gildedbadger was like, “You hate feet!” and I just shrugged like, “It was Gaston. He’s very charismatic.”
- Also he signed right next to Belle’s signature from February and said, “Right where she belongs!”
- Also the CM told me he’d only like half of my shirt and then he said the thing. Musicsea suggested he let me hold his arm so he could cover Beast on the side closest to him and he did the thing.
- We went on the Little Mermaid ride and met Ariel who wasn’t nearly as awesome as the one from February.
- We had lunch at Be Our Guest and sat so we could see the Christmas Tree with Angelique on top because she’s perfect and adorable.
- We stayed through the closing of lunch because Musicsea’s grandparents joined us and then we waited for a storm in the West Wing and I got a video of the portrait~
- We saw Philarmagic and I swear I wasn’t scared during the Simba part except that gildedbadger egged me on.
- Katie and I went on Haunted Mansion and got stopped.
- Katie and I went on Pirates and ran into a traffic jam.
- We were all going to go on Jingle Cruise but the wait was long and the park was supposed to close in like an hour and a half. We were then gonna go on Pirates again but the ride was shut down and CMs thought it had to do with flash photography setting off the sensors on the rides SO BLAST THOSE SCURVY TOURISTS
- We went on Haunted Mansion again and got stopped not once but TWICE probably because people are stupid and still took pictures.
- I got a giant cupcake at Starbucks on Main Street and then Katie tried to eat the snow that was falling for the Christmas party and realized it was soap.
- We went to the Animal Kingdom lodge (or tried to) and ended up going to the DVC resort at first, but then we found the lodge and it’s gorgeous and we forgot it was only like 8:30 p.m. because it felt a lot later. There were CMs parading small children around with music and the fireplace smelled wonderful and I could have stayed there my entire life and been happy.
- Finally, we got back on the highway and listened to the Frozen soundtrack the entire way home (mostly because I cut a good amount of time out of the drive by going 80 mph the entire way)
- Post Disney Depression hasn’t quite set in because I have Sven to cuddle with.
What I lack in attractiveness I make up for in film trivia
call me ur princess and give me kisses
dont ask me about my favorite characters because i will literally tell you their entire storyline and cry
One of my favorite pictures ever. I never see Adam smile in pictures.
Also this was the second time I met Cora and Alice in person, I believe.